View Single Post
Old 21 Jan 2014, 09:41 (Ref:3356570)   #126
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkle View Post
I never understood why they didn't race on the GP circuit at Brands but I guess it doesn't matter now. If they return to race in the UK it will be at a different circuit.
They used the Indy circuit because that's what ITR asked for - the theory being that the cars are in view for longer on the Indy circuit. They would have been even more impressive out on the GP loop though - how good would that be? Blasting out of Surtees down at speed round Westfield and Hawthorn - it'd be awesome. If they do come back to the UK in the future hopefully it'll be Brands again - I saw the DTM at Donington and it was ok, Silverstone would be a disaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS" View Post
Di Resta's back with Mercedes in DTM: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112205

I think it's quite something to see a DTM driver go to F1 and then return to DTM right afterwards.
It's not a big surprise to see Di Resta back in the DTM, realistically it was his best option after he'd lost the chance of staying in F1. He's already proved he can deliver in the DTM and his return strengthens Mercedes driver line up - last year they probably had the weakest driver line up of the 3 manufacturers.