View Single Post
Old 10 Feb 2006, 02:42 (Ref:1519355)   #59
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Quite frankly I have been very surprised as to why oh why Team India would race a 16 year old who clearly is "massively" off the pace each weekend - He can't even bother to get his helmet painted - they should have run Karun Chandock who at least has got some proper single seater experience and not the son of the team principal/franchise holder
Good point. Only three drivers that I know of have come out of India onto the international scene and are still active:

Narain Karthikeyan - concentrating on F1 so unavailable.
Karun Chandhok - started the season but I am told there were issues with attitude and relationships with the team. Heard this on the gossip grapevine so don't know any more than that and don't want to criticise without the facts.
That leaves Armaan Ebrahim. Very inexperienced but I think has potential for the future (at least to Adam Khan kind of level), but needs time to get there.

Another thought is that if Karthikeyan's F1 career stalls then he may have to head to A1 as per Firman/Verstappen, in which case Indian sponsors should follow. Another possibility that suggests that the current issue with this franchise holder is short sighted.