View Single Post
Old 23 Feb 2012, 13:34 (Ref:3029888)   #10
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
I'm pretty sure the manufacturers (and especially Audi who aren't exactly new to the scene) know very well that endurance racing is a hard product to sell on TV so I don't really think they had spectacular expectations to begin with.

It will most likely be on Eurosport which does a fine job covering the races. The key is the internet, the official stream was a good idea and so are the manufacturer websites. As technology improves these streams will get better and better and will be a good compliment to the TV coverage.

Flag to flag coverage on TV for all rounds is just not reasonable, I think 3hrs on Eurosport each race + streams is a fair deal. As long as Le Mans is fully covered everything's all right.

Regarding the US, it's hardly the WEC's fault that there is not enough interest in sports car racing to warrant tv coverage. If you look at the horrible TV coverage the ALMS is getting despite being a national series and having much shorter races, I really don't see how anybody could expect a mega TV deal for 6hr races... the interest just isn't there.

But I'm sure it's somehow the ACO's fault that Bob in Iowa doesn't care about sports car racing enough..