View Single Post
Old 3 Mar 2011, 14:47 (Ref:2839665)   #4
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
Global RallyCross is the brainchild of a yank by the name Brian Gale and Swede AndrĂ©as Eriksson. Perhaps you’ve seen the Global RallyCross banners on the windscreens of OMSE cars before?
Yes indeed! I'm sure quite a few of the cars were carrying that window sticker at last years X-Games - I didn't realise that was going to be taken as the name of the 2011 US series though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
However, to me it seems that Gale has taken over US RX from RallyCar/Rally America now and that his championship will be the only 2011 RX series in America.
That makes more sense, it would seem crazy to try and launch two new championships for a "new" race discipline, wouldn't it? It seems odd that the line up for "Global" rallycross doesn't include NJMP though. Given that was the first circuit that rallycross was trialed at in the US, I was expecting it to be used again in 2011.

I think I may have misunderstood the earlier posts with regard to the Hyundai Veloster. When the original Veloster press release mentioned Marcus Dodd I assumed that meant they were going to make a car available to him for use in rally events but, looking at the Global Rallycross site, it looks like Dodd will be driving in the US this year?