View Single Post
Old 27 Nov 2023, 08:48 (Ref:4187471)   #14
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Taxi, Oh I understand completely and I also believe that you initially said it would be cheaper, but the reality is that it will cost the teams, for little or no benefit, at least double what they are currently paying for the teams. There is no upside to that, and in fact it will possibly make it more difficult for the teams because thy will probably need to make considerable setup changes when changing between the two tyre suppliers.

I don't mind the latter, it would give greater diversity and unpredictability to the race weekends.

Quote:
Feedback from the, at least, twenty tyre technicians plus the truckies and other personnel involved in attending the races will not take 3 or 4 months, minimum, to provide feedback. But if the manufacturers value them, they will in reality have to keep paying them whilst they were not attending race meetings.

Providing feedback was just an example, they can also use rotate them in and out of their R&D programs for the road. Motorsport is also a way for companies to keep top level engineers loyal to their company and to introduce more junior engineers to advanced knowledge and processes to benefit the companies road programs. I'm not saying it would be cheaper than it is now. It won't. What I'm saying is it would be cheaper than having two tyre manufacturers head to head at each event.

Quote:
I really see no upside to this idea.

I think saying there is no upside is cutting the corner a bit short (I did describe the benefits above which one of course can disagree with). I think saying the benefits do not outweigh drawback is a more reasonable stance.
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.