View Single Post
Old 6 Dec 2009, 16:27 (Ref:2594956)   #5
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesper OH View Post
Round 2 – Good Friday April 17 1987, Oulton Park

This and the following race clashed with round 2 of the WTCC at Jarama held over the same weekend, depriving the Brits of Andy Rouse. Chris Hodgetts managed to squeeze in all three races though. Dennis Leech was at home nursing a hand that somehow got involved with a lawnmover (!), while Toyota drivers Tony Crudgington and Geoff Kimber-Smith hadn't sorted out their engine troubles from the opening round only five days earlier and was on the missing list as well. This would make the three CHMS Corollas the sole class D entries, with Hodgetts joined by Chuck Nicholson and Alex Moss for this race. Colin Pearcy was also missing from action, reason unknown.
According to my version of the result (from acombination of this Autosport report, and the Motoring News report, Alan Minshaw also appeared here in free practice at least, and possibly in official qualifying in one of the CHMS Corollas- I think the Nicholson car. He may well have qualified (I have a time of 1m57.41 recorded) but clearly didn't race. I wonder, was this an insurance policy for the team to have 3 drivers present and qualified in case Chris couldn't get back from Jarama in time, or was there some question over who would race the Nicholson car