View Single Post
Old 23 Mar 2014, 17:34 (Ref:3383344)   #36
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
So I came across this interesting picture today. This photo actually came from an Autosport Forum thread dating back to 2004!

Apparently the poster stated that he took this photo during the 1988 edition of the 24 Hours. Obviously the grandstand you see down the road lines the latter half of the ford chicane.

An interesting thought regarding this photo.

The pale tarmac on the right hand side of the road makes me wonder if that is the original road that eventually led to the pit straight before they added in the second left-right complex in the ford chicane. Could that extended right hand shoulder indeed be the neglected piece of tarmac that led to the old left-right ford chicane that lasted from 1968-1972? What are your thoughts?

Also, here is a cool photo I found whilst scanning the Motor legend forum.

Behold! Indianapolis corner circa 1929!