View Single Post
Old 5 May 2016, 15:57 (Ref:3638841)   #10397
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Even if Audi are sandbagging or just not going for maximum times, the reliability, especially for the #8 (two hybrid/front drive issues two weekends in a row) is disconcerting.

Granted, it seems so far that everyone, at least also Porsche, are much slower in sector 2 than last year. That's to be expected for aero packages that aren't far removed at all from their LM aero.

However, I'm starting to worry if this new car is a gamble that won't pay off for Audi, at least until later this year or next season. I'm even starting to wonder if Audi Sport would have better luck moving away from Joest and doing everything in house like Porsche and Toyota are, even though Joest Racing in a lot of ways is just the name on the ownership slip.

I know that they won on the road at Silverstone and they've had delays in testing as far as setting up the car and such, so that give me some confidence that things will get better. But with the exception of 2009, I can't remember Audi having such a difficult time testing and developing a car.