View Single Post
Old 18 Apr 2014, 19:17 (Ref:3394633)   #6607
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Playing the devil's advocate here, but: Should they?

MMPR is by no means a bad team, but they are up against Ganassi, - and I am not even a fan of the Chipster or Pruett - but that's an organisation every bit as good as Penske or Joest.

Pickett accepted not being able to beat Joest under anything but the very best of circumstances, why should he then expect anything different against Ganassi?
It's a fair point, but I think if we just look at the sportscar arm of Ganassi, then yes I believe they should be more than competitive. In fact, I have said elsewhere that I hope they buy and Indycar because I think they would be competitive. MMPR has plenty of resources and engineering talent, IMO, to be at the sharp end of the TUSCC grid.

Joest is on another level and they have been since I have been watching sportscars.