View Single Post
Old 23 Nov 2006, 10:37 (Ref:1772991)   #15
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The general feeling then is event promotion and keeping the fans entertained?

I do agree with JAG and his feelings about the FIA and their money-grabbing, and ability to make championships flop. The whole new GT4 idea just stinks of attempts to get more money out of fans and teams. You can probably guarantee the ticket prices will go up, too. An example is in 2005 it was £10 for on-the-day paddock access at Silverstone. For the LMES meeting that year, paddock access was free.

PF International karting circuit has scoreboards for the spectators to see. Two, in fact. I'm wondering why some circuits don't put that sort of feature up for the crowds? Donington used to have a small scoreboard system working at the top of the tower on the main straight. What happened to that?

The big TV screens help a lot - they were absent at Donington LMS this year but Silverstone is normally pretty good for that feature.

I think the teams and fans need to feel "wanted" at a race meeting, as opposed to being "privileged" to be there. It's a real privilege to be at Le Mans, particularly for a team/driver. Those same teams and drivers can destroy a championship by not turning up if they don't feel it's worth it, so the governing bodies should be keeping a watchful eye on bringing people in, and not on their bank balances.