View Single Post
Old 9 Feb 2010, 18:31 (Ref:2630063)   #60
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'm glad you've said that, but i bet you are in the minority. someone i used to work with moved to the US when her husbands job required it. she reported back not long after going out that she was astounded at how basic and useless the driving test was. not sure if that was state specific or even basic due to already owning a UK license, but lets just say it took 3 mins of her time to pass and you get the idea.

Quote:
Although now with the brake issues, it appears it could be an ECU problem, which would link that with the accelerator issues.
Thats untrue, the 2010 Prius is the only car to be recalled for the brakes, not the whole range with the pedal issues. It appears my Yaris (08) is not affected, that seems to suggest that its not a date (therefore design) issue but maybe plant (therefore quality) issue. Normally any design change will effect a whole and complete date range of manufacture, but it seems the ones being recalled are not in uniform groups. Or it could be the specific model of Yaris, mine is the SR which is not the same inside or out as the others so possibly doesn't share the pedal assembly. I'm expecting a letter from Toyota, doubt it'll help delve in to the details but i may well ask at my dealership next time i go in, you never know.

Either way i still think they are doing a fantastic job in the circumstances. Many makes and dealers would handle this badly, some would probably even deny its their liability. Anything like this must be handled openly and honestly, and anyone following their websites or twitter will see just how well they are doing that.