View Single Post
Old 12 Apr 2014, 22:41 (Ref:3391613)   #168
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
The decision was made on Wednesday that Turner Motorsport will enter Pirelli World Challenge GT class, just one week before the first round in St. Petersburg, Florida. Will Turner commented, “After completing two races with the IMSA run series, our partner, NorthWest Value Properties, has given us the freedom to explore an alternative series that is more established. World Challenge has always been a great racing series for Turner, so it was decided to try the sprint racing format to see if it's something we want to pursue on a more full time basis.”

Will Turner said that there were several factors that went into the decision for the team to run in Pirelli World Challenge. One being the team’s partner NorthWest and their push to enter a more established and proven series. The Turner team is also interested in exploring a “sprint series” with a different race format and conceivably less operating costs compared to an endurance series.”

Dane Cameron added, “I am excited to race in the Pirelli World Challenge. The series visits some top notch venues around the US, including some great street courses, which I love. I am eager to get into any Turner BMW, so this will be a fun change of pace. I know that Turner began their professional race program in World Challenge, so it will be good to get the blue and yellow BMWs back into the series.”

Right.
You conveniently forgot to copy the last paragraph of that article.