View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 2011, 09:54 (Ref:2969160)   #1269
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubrben View Post
Of course that's what I'm arguing - I thought that was obvious.

The problem ACO racing has is that the LMS in particular is viewed as a series of test events for Le Mans. Post-Le Mans there's traditionally a drop in grid numbers.

You can't use Le Mans as a general rule to make a point because it's a unique one of a kind event. IMO you have to apply a different concept for a season-long championship. That's what ALMS has done - I firmly believe the ACO regs coupled with US style racing is a much more interesting product than the LMS (or ELMS as was)

Ben
You may also know that ALMS races are normally less than or about three hours, so that is a different concept too. If people find watching proper endurance racing boring, I think the last thing that should be done is creating artificial restarts. A race only starts once....

The drop in in grid numbers post Le Mans will most likely be not so severe when the WEC will start next year, as there will be more to win than just Le Mans.

Anyway, whenever I am attending a race I hate to see the safety car come out, as it means that all the racing that has been done prior to that, was more or less in vain. Every advantage gained during proper racing will be lost, which of course is less of a concern for those who have lost those seconds, but for those who build up a proper lead, any safety car is just quite annoying. But if that's how you feel that racing should be done, I will stop arguing, because we then obviously live on a different planet.