View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 2011, 10:33 (Ref:2969185)   #1270
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, NASCAR used to have halftime breaks in the Truck Series. They would run half the race, then stop the race for 10-15 minutes to let the trucks get pit service and what not, and then restart. So what about breaking up a 6 hour race into 3 periods. You know, like a hockey game. Maybe you could invert the field during the last period like the NASCAR Winston race.

(Yes, that was intended as a joke. Perhaps I should delete it before someone takes it as being a serious recommendation).

But, yes, I like what the LMS is doing for next year. Instead of making the racing designed around the casual couch potato fan watching the race on the boobtube who can't figure out whether to watch the race or a rerun of Matlock, they are focusing the race on the racers. It's a very refreshing idea in today's "Made for TV" world of racing that includes such travesties as FCYs, success ballast, BoP, roulette wheel grids, push-to-pass, spec everything, and Digger. It may not be the most commercially viable path, but the mostly pro-am LMS does not need to be commercially viable. Granted, it would be nice if us few diehards who accept the racing for what it is had some access to the action, but I'd rather wish I could see an LMS race than watch some manufactured production of a "race."