View Single Post
Old 15 Feb 2014, 00:58 (Ref:3378318)   #21
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Checking back in....

A few things...

He's probably been fully weaned from sedation by now if everything went to plan. If it didn't, he's probably on light to moderate sedation as he can't or is having difficulties being weaned from the ventilator.

It takes time to learn to breathe on your own again...

As for the pneumonia, it's highly probable. Ventilator acquired pneumonia, or VAP, is a very, very common problem. It comes from being unable to remove the secretions from the airway. The fluids becomes dependent in the lower airway, and forms a pneumonia.

As I had said earlier in the thread, getting him to a state of normalcy, may take months....if ever.

If he's been weaned entirely, they will know what his cognitive functions are already, and may be wrapping up their care.

I would highly doubt we hear anything other than little snippets on and off for a very long time. My best guess is that they are doing this to reduce the media attention.

Though, it's pure assumption, I would bet they are just having issues getting him off the vent.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”