View Single Post
Old 8 Apr 2014, 06:31 (Ref:3390047)   #46
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
After everything else that happened during the race, I had forgotten Massa's start. I doubt it shows him to be the best starter in the field though. Anyone who has ever raced knows that every so often it all comes together perfectly and you fly forward as if different rules of physics apply . And rather more often someone else hooks up like that and you watch them disappear . It was interesting to see that despite all the technology, sometimes it works better than others.
As a long term fan of Felipe I have watched him closely over the years, and while many deride him for his role at Ferrari, were you to re-run all of the GPs you would plainly see that the 'best starter' tag was not based on one start in Abu Dhabi. Massa consistently makes up ground from the lights.
Just one example. Hungary 2008, on second row behind Hamilton and Kovalainen, passes Heikki off the line and takes Hamilton at the first corner.

In the mad scramble that is the start of any race we tend to watch;

a) The front two rows to see who gets away first.

b) Our own particular favourite driver.

Hence my claim for Massa.