View Single Post
Old 1 May 2007, 12:41 (Ref:1904185)   #87
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A1GP is certainly highly polished and works beautifully with the MSV approach. Both are young and fresh, looking at motorsport from a different angle. Though JP isn’t most peoples favourite, I am delighted with the job he and his team have done in restoring Brands. It looks thoroughly more polished than Silverstone, though that’s not hard.

The Nation vs Nation thing creates a football-type atmosphere, with most of the crowd cheering on one person. Never experienced a roar at a motorsport event like I did when Kerr overtook Nico for that one corner!

Bella, agree with your points, and felt the same. Good mixture of support cars, but motorsport to me is about the noise of the things, as well as the speed, so perhaps if they’d grabbed in the ol’ Group C cars, or something like that it would have improved it slightly, simply because of their noise…

My dad and I were talking about the number of people who just don’t see the attraction in motorsport, how they prefer footy, cricket, golf or whatever. The newbies who weren’t necessarily motorsport fans were blown away with how the cars looked, the speed but most of all the noise of a proper racing engine.

A1 had a great mix of peeps there. You had some of your nerds walking around, couples, groups of lads etc. Liked Martin Brundles’ plug for Bedford Autodrome during the lunch hour.

Thought a good PR move would have been to put him in the car for a few demo runs…but…