Old 8 Oct 2009, 13:19 (Ref:2556632)   #180
the real deal1985
Rookie

United Kingdom
Welwyn Garden City
the real deal1985 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroupOfOne View Post
Also with Mat Jackson, as he would have been paying to run the Lacetti, then presumably if he wants it again in 2010 he can have it, providing he pays, so I'd suggest it wouldn't be a surprise to see him continue with it, with or without Silverline. Also even if RML bring the Cruze to play next season, the Lacetti could conceivably have a head start in that it's alreayd adapted to the BTCC-spec rubber, plus will a Lacetti be slightly cheaper in '10, if there's a newer, 'superior' car in the Cruze available?
I work for a company that sponsors Mat in the BTCC and I was talking to the PR spokewoman along with my dad and she said that they were already talking to agencies with the hope to get enough funding to run the cars next year. There is the possibility of them running the Cruz, but it will be the 2009 spec cars that are being run in this years WTCC. She also said, they don't really need to change the Lacetti as it is still successful. As there are now no manufactures on the grid next year (as of yet) there will be no 2010 machinery racing next year. Like you said, the Lacetti is well developed now.