View Single Post
Old 18 Nov 2006, 20:15 (Ref:1769231)   #59
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't be certain but I thought I read an interview recently with his Priaulx's former F3 team boss (John Booth, Manor Motorsport??) in which he admitted that he did well in in F3, given his previous lack of single seater race experience but the team/ equipment was not up to the mark. Priaulx still won races and got podiums though. Booth, if it was he, was very complimentary and the PR stuff that surrounded Priaulx's tests with Williams BMW was also complimentary.

Finally, you can't win the British Hillclimb championship in an F1 powered single seater without having excellent car control.

I really don't know whether Andy priaulx can RACE at the top level in a single seater and nor does anyone else as his previous experience was compromised (INMHO by being in the wrong place at the wrong time) but he has proven adept at QUALIFYING & RACING in other situations; it would be good to see someone given a chance in the GBR A1 GBR team from outside of the the mainstream.