View Single Post
Old 26 Jan 2007, 15:04 (Ref:1826553)   #18
fausto
Veteran

Wales
fausto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMICALEMANS
Hello, I post the text below in the De Cadenet section and my question is about the T380 HU01 De Cadenet. Who know something about this car wich was a true Lola and a fake De Cadenet ?

my thinking is now :
Alain De Cadenet built the Duckams wich become the 74 De Cadenet et become later the "Morris Minor".

He built 2 ADC cars :
The GLC 913 wich i suppose was ADC 77 and is now the Belga Car.
The ADC 78, and i believe this car become the first Ecosse and was destroyed in a crash.

So the mistery is now about the Lola HU01 De Cadenet, i believe this car was the BAT car then the Fisons car ; where HU01 is now ?

Could you help me ?"

Thanks
If the 1975 De Cadenet car is/was chassis HU01 you'd call it De Cadenet Lola, although, from my point of view, it was a lot more Lola than De Cadenet, you could't see a lot of difference between the 1975 standard T380/90 and AdC car, later versions were a lot more different...

I don't think that the Duckhams car became the Morris Minor, its chassis had nothing to do with Lola and, if I remember well, was later used as a base for a Special/Super Saloon car. The car was recently restored in its standard Gp.6 form, it's a piece of motor racing history, being a "design by the Gordon Murray"