View Single Post
Old 30 Mar 2014, 07:54 (Ref:3386367)   #8
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w View Post
I think Mateschitz is playing a classic Piranha Club move. He knows very well that F1 requires sharp elbows to be successful, and he's just deploying a pair to protect his investment. Equally, I think if he did fold up his tent over this one episode, the damage to his brand would be massive. It would make the Red Bull brand seem petulant and unable to stay the course. I think this is brinkmanship. I suspect that he knows that he's unlikely to win this battle, and faced with that, is going try and capitalize on that for maximum political effect so that he has a greater chance of getting his way in future.
You and I would think that way but the movers and shakers of this world take a different view. RB will crank up the PR and spin machine and by the time they are finished the FIA will be the bully and RB the down trodden victims. The spin and PR have already started in case you haven't noticed and F1 have got a lot more to lose than RB. Interesting times ahead me thinks. RB will win in the end, either they get their own way or F1 are without two teams if they carry out their threat.