View Single Post
Old 31 Mar 2014, 10:06 (Ref:3386988)   #25
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
it does seem harsh but in truth it applies to ALL F1 teams, not just the Red Bulls and manufacturers like Fiat, Renault, Honda, and Mercedes Benz.

I actually think a lot of the 'anti Red Bull' sentiment is almost a reaction to the fact they have been so successful and have a relatively short history in the sport to date. Almost like a jealousy of the,

I cannot believe the amount of venom that seems to spew forth from some contributors towards RBR (and not Torro Rosso) on other forums I peruse occasionally for a look see.

The truth is Mr Mateschitz is really a dyed in wool enthusiast for motorsport.

His company spends way beyond the minimum required for a commercial return on their investment and motorsport is one of the adventure and/or extreme sports Red Bull have supported to create an image for their companies product.

Sports is important to Red Bull but so is the sporting aspect and if F1 stops being a 'sporting' theatre Red Bull, along with 50-80% of the other sponsors will walk away from it.
I had the wife of a friend I watched Malaysia with us make the comment "Where are all the sponsors? Most of the sidepod's have nothing on them and that's the best part of the car to advertise on...."

F1 is in more trouble than people realise, not because of the engine noise but a whole bunch of administrative issues that are affecting the very core of it's sporting character...
If it cannot run itself in a way that reflects the ideals that the world associates with true competitive sport it won't be just Red Bull who leave....

Great post T!

"The truth is Mr Mateschitz is really a dyed in wool enthusiast for motorsport."

The whole lot of the idiots running the sport should listen to what Mr Mateschitz has to say, take a long hard look at themselves and do what is best for the sport in general and F1 in particular!