View Single Post
Old 30 Dec 2007, 01:01 (Ref:2096396)   #25
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have something here.

First of all, of course it's only a game. Neither have do I have any skills or qualifications to plan a motorbike racing course, nor do I know anything about the actual site, its topology, for example.

I took all the data I could obtain and gave it my best shot - that's all it is, nothing less, nothing more.

What data did I have at hand?

about the track:

- the track should be no longer than 1.2 miles
- there should be at least 30 corners

about the site:

- based on the info written on the sketch you provided the area is 40 acres which converts to (let me use the metric system, I'm used to that) roughly 0.17 square kilometers.

- also, the track plan on the sketch is in a 6*17 rectangle. From the area size plus the ratio of the sides I calculated that it's roughly a 239*677 (meters) site, so that's what I used.

Here should come the track itself, but at the moment I don't seem to be able to attach any images for reasons unknown. I know, of course, how to upload, have done it a couple of times but whenever I'm trying to do it it says upload error: attachment in progress. I don't see why attaching being in progress should be an error, though... Until then, here's a link:

http://supremacy.hu/groundzero/pix/40_acre_course.jpg

bio