View Single Post
Old 26 Apr 2011, 19:29 (Ref:2870199)   #1325
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
hi folks, interesting article of race care engineering, but from what I hear when the car acellerates from the pits I have reason to believe the new Audi V6 is a single turbo engine, also the turbo shroud looks like a single turbo in the partial engine image....... it has about 2 seconds of turbo lag when acellerating from idle in the pits at sebring, whereby the engine revs up then the turbo spools up with a niticable whizz 2 seconds later......

anyway........did anyone notice what the general smoke levels were when the R18 was running at the lemans test????......at sebring it was smoking quite noticably.......I notice an image showing the pugs were smoking a touch on the lemans test.......I also hear the R18 is belching a big chuff of black smoke when acellerating away from the lemans pits - just like sebring........I'm really interested to see what the ACO do if this happens in qualifying or the race, last year they turned a blind eye, but I cant imagine thats going to be acceptable for long as it blatantly breaks the rule of no visible exhaust fumes allowed.