View Single Post
Old 2 Feb 2014, 08:15 (Ref:3363146)   #2556
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"What did it affect though? Everyone leading their respective class at the time still came out first."

What it affected was the perception that the new series would be running a serious sporting event instead of an artificially manipulated entertainment event.

By luck—sheer luck—the class leaders ante were the class leaders post. So, we should all cheer extra loudly because everyone got lucky? I don't feel like cheering.

I and others have said it many times since the final, unnecessary yellow flag waved—real sports events are Not manipulated by the officials.

What that final yellow demonstrated was that TUSC was Not going to be a real sports organizing body, actually overseeing real sporting events, but that TUSC was going to present artificial, "reality-show" racing where it would gladly risk overturning the results of 23.75 hours of racing just to create a specific type of final few minutes.

If someone shoots at me and misses, I don't hang around saying, "So what, he missed." I avoid the lunatic.

You apparently would hang around waiting until the guy actually hit you. Your choice. But don't come here complaining when a team which was a lap down, gets the wave-by and then wins the sprint, beating the team which actually earned the win. You accept that outcome when you accept the outcome of the Rolex.