View Single Post
Old 25 Apr 2011, 20:14 (Ref:2869725)   #2536
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by templer View Post
I can only agree with Mike. What AMR is doing at the moment is hard to understand. They should quit the next races and try to develop the car properly on test tracks. Trying to do this during race weekends have never worked.
Though the car is also more than strange. I have discussioned the layout with a famous F1 and Group C experienced designer during another project and he tell me that nobody understand why they have chosen a open top car. Also the internal details and engine layout are strange. He think that this car will never work. Let's hope for AMR that he is wrong, but I don't think so
Yes, the open top route is puzzling. And they've maximized the car's internal volume, such that they can't even place the turbo intake low if they wanted to. Frankly, I think they drew the car without any knowledge of what engine would go in it and thus made it with maximum internal area possible. Though that doesn't answer why the open top.