Thread: Movies Senna Movie
View Single Post
Old 8 Jun 2011, 21:13 (Ref:2893910)   #85
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have just seen the film today at the cinema. A very good documentary film and it did handle the whole Senna/Prost rivalry quite well. I would say that even if you are not a F1 fan you will find it interesting because of the main theme of a man ruled by his heart(Senna) and a man ruled by his brain(Prost).

I have a few nitpicks with the film. I would have liked to have seen more about Senna's amazing skills in rain(1993 Donnington is left out for goodness sake - okay it wasn't as skilled as Estoril 1985). More about his 1985 season - if he had a more reliable car that season he might have won it. Plus although I can see why they focused on his rival Prost, I would have liked to have seen Mansell's and Piquet's relationships with him covered. How for example Piquet was a bit annoyed that Brasil had a new hero, plus how Senna reacted to Piquet's little drift around him at Hungary in 1986. Mansell being not afraid of him and going for moves on in Hungary 1989 and Spain 1991, plus the times they took each other off (Belgium 1987 and Portugal 1989). Perhaps seeing Schumi as his new rival, as well, could have been added? Plus, their tangles in 1992

I know there has to a time limit for the documentary, it just I perhaps felt more could be added, but then I see from a F1 fan's perspective.

Interesting to note that Senna didn't like 'active ride', yet he used it to a big advantage around Detroit in 1987 with a win there. There is no doubt that as skilled as Senna was, that did help him out there. Plus he won at Monaco before that with an 'active ride' car.

I see the old 'traction control' conspiracy gets thrown up again at the end.