View Single Post
Old 16 Mar 2011, 16:14 (Ref:2846889)   #7
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Mate if you think the 07 Duke was a lemon then perhaps you should have tried riding a Kawasaki, Suzuki or somehting.

That bike was a total rocketship of the like never seen before in GP racing, they did their sums very welll with aero, fuel and stuff
True, but only with Stoner in the saddle. Everyone else was nowhere. Cudos for Capirossi's win but it was a gifted wet/dry race. In the dry he was no chance.

The 07 bike was a rocketship but all the power in the world is of no use if noone can ride the bike. The 07 success was a testament to Stoner's talent rather than of the bike itself. Take Stoner out of the equation the 07 bike was a lemon, put Stoner back into the equation it was a championship winner.

Between 07 and 10 Stoner has been able to win with every variation of the Ducati, trellis frame and CF frame. All 17 other riders who have attempted to tame the beast have failed miserably with the possible exception of Hayden who has gotten closest but still hasn't podiumed.

2011 is following the same trend. Even VR/JB have yet to be able find a way to make the bike rideable by the masses.

Judging the 07 bike in 07 I also thought the bike was a star, but with the aid of stats from 4 800cc seasons now I have changed my opinion.
So I stand by my statements all Ducatis from 07 to 10 (and possibly 11) were lemons and Casey Stoner is a mega talent.