View Single Post
Old 16 Mar 2011, 19:29 (Ref:2847020)   #10
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think you are on a hiding to nothing here mate really.

Saying the bike was lemon is the same as saying the YZR500 was a lemon when Rainey rode it! Just coz Sarron, Ruggia, Mackenzie et al couldnt win on it makes it Rainey is a GOD not the bike is useless.

Same as Rossi on the M1, no one else got anywhere near winning on a Yam, so the bike was a heap? No, Rossi and Burges made it work better than anyone else.

Kocinski on the YZR250, Garriga, Lavado, Cadalora on the same bike, JK wins on new tracks first year out, bike was slow as hell, JK is a GOD not the bike a turd.

For me I see your point in a way, but if the bike really was a pile of rubbish, no-one would win on it. The fact that these things happen is due to the pure genius of some riders and teams at gettng their bikes to work.

Watch 91 GP500 video and imagine someone liike Pedrosa or Lorenzo doing what Wayne did in some races there. Getting away, being caught, letting someone pull away then learning how to ride different, use the bike in better ways and coming back to beat a faster NSR or RGV to win.

This is what Rossi used to do on the M1 and in some ways the RC211, not to the same level, as frankly I don't bracket Rossi in the same league as Rainey, Doohan, Schwantz and Lawson. But similar styles of learning and racing.