View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2011, 11:10 (Ref:2847358)   #13
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's a strange argument really.

Most teams tend to concentrate on one rider even in the early days of Sheene, Roberts. Suzuki didnt back then after SHeene, hence wins for Lucky and Uncini and Mamola getting there.

But since then, most temas polarize around one rider. Honda had Spencer, Gardner and Mick, then briefly Criville and finally Rossi.

Suzuki went with Schwantz from the off of the V4. then wre nowhere until Junior.

Yamaha started with Roberts then Lawsonm Rainey, got nowhere with Luca really and then finally got the bike better for Biaggi.

So amost of the reults for those lead riders were good. Guys like Magee, Mackenzie, Chili, Sarron, de Radigues, Haslam McElnea etc etc were quick but didnt develop the bike so obviusly would not be as quivk.

I think Ducati have done a great job with their bike. I willadmit that the other riders have rarely done any good, apart from brief times with Barros and Xaus, but that was DAntin, a hideously run team!!

I tink the 800 bike has always been a hard bike to ride, and Corse were so focused on Stoner, he was so demanding that noone else got a loom in praps.

If Stoner could do those things, then in my eyes so could Jorge Valentino and others, maybe in a differnet way and setup, but they can do it.