View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2011, 13:12 (Ref:2847451)   #18
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can honestly say I was not a fan of Stoner in 250 or early GP days.

He came across as a bit of a de Puniet or Hopkins, quick qualifier and has raw speed but no ability to last a race.

I don't really know he he did it on the Ducati, but he just made the bike work and was able to run at such a pace for the whole race that no-one could live with it sometimes.

I liken it a bit to Kato on the NSR in 2001 was it? Or perhaps recently di Meglio in 125, totally dominant really. Speed in hand, like Simon on 125 after showing nothing for years beforehand.

They have struggled more since 2007, but Casey has remained quick and for me is absolutely the fastest guy out there. But team mates? Melandri has been proven to be a bad egg really, Checa was okay but not really a 250 rider and Loris was about the quickest team mate he had?

Dani is quick coz he is basically a flea with arms, legs and a brain. Rossi was the quickest and Jorge rides an M1 just the same way he rode an Aprilia.

Whats going to decide this is not 2011, but next year. Can these guys ride a 1000?

I think Casey can, not sure about Dani but certainly Nicky and Valentino will come back into it if the 2012 bike is good.

I will agree that the 2010 bike was poor, Casey lost the front countless times and they chopped and changed the thing so many times to get it right, when it worked fine, or he crashed!

To sum up, Vale rides it different to Casey, it's that simple. So what works for one doesn't work for another, doesn't make either rider any better than the other. King Kenny said the same about Luca and Wayne in 93 so cant take credit!