View Single Post
Old 22 Mar 2011, 11:37 (Ref:2851144)   #25
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It will be interesting this year as I think of anyone de Puniet is the closest to Stoner in terms of rider style.

If he goes wel and he idd in Qatar before yet another novie cold tyre crash, wel will know it's about the way you ride the thing.

And I dont har lots of people saying Randy is a GOD for what he does!!

THe question you have to ask is would Casey have been able to run the M1 around in 2004? Would he know what the best configuration of those 4 engine specs was? Would he, knowing he had no top speed advantage, make the bike be able to go flat through one bend and sacrifice the rest of the lap to gain an advantage over everyone there? Coz that's the kind of thing Vale did at Yamaha.

For me Vale is the best, not coz he is the quickest though for 10 years he was, but because he was the cleverest.

And for the record I don't bracket the current guys with Rainey, Lawson, Schwantz and Doohan, those guys were different league riding much harder to ride bikes on crap tyres, no electronics, unsafe tracks and firecraker power bands!!