View Single Post
Old 30 May 2013, 18:43 (Ref:3255594)   #1262
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Oh, chill, Dawg! Not even the 917/30 used nitro-methane! Sheesh!

Besides, all that power doesn't matter so much ever since they put in the chicanes at Dunlop and on the Mulsanne. They created a track that was much more favorable to higher downforce/drag settings, and what happened? Yeah, exactly what would be expected of the car builders, and we ***** about aero-dependence all the time now.

Alright, I just needed to say that. Now, back to the proper thread topic.

They're NOT going to be able to afford to slow the GTEs down. Corvette, SRT, and BMW will not hear of it, I'm sure. The first two, at the least, can just move over to the WEC. BMW will be ****ed to get slowed down after doing the GTE program on the Z4. There would also be the issue of the new 991 RSR, and what point would there be in getting one if the GTEs are slowed noticeably? On the flip side, getting out of the loop as a major Porsche customer team would NOT be good for those teams over here.

Maybe something good can come out of this, if USCR allows Corvette to actually run the 6.2-litre unit from the road car; if the FIA/ACO could let in the Viper, they can relax the displacement rule on the Pratt & Miller boys also. (Speaking of the Viper's engine, I wish Alfa would do a GTE program with the TZ3.)

Back to class separation for a moment, if GA wanted less delineation between DP and GA GT, I think they would have implemented such measures already.

The long and the short is still that DP HAS TO speed up. Either they do that, or everyone else has to get slower, and I think I know which camp of team owners is going to be larger, the one that includes P1, P2, PC, GTLM, AND GTD teams! If the DP owners try to be too strident in their stubbornness, the rest of the grid can just comprehensively out-vote them with the Series' management.

Last edited by Purist; 30 May 2013 at 19:03.