deletraz
Rookie

United States
Phoenix, AZ
deletraz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
You can't have read this bit,

"But despite all this reference to wind tunnel work, the amazing thing was that the T97/30 never actually saw a wind tunnel - there was just not the time." ,

or this bit,

"In addition, there were gremlins with the gearbox, but the biggest problem lay with the aerodynamics. The car just could not generate enough mechanical or aerodynamic grip, and could therefore not get the tyres up to temperature. Amazingly, the drivers reported that the car had too much drag in a straight line, compromising their top speed, but the same package then in turn could not generate enough downforce going through the turns, thereby compromising cornering speed as well. The T97/30 was fundamentally flawed, and the lack of wind-tunnel time had made it even more of a joke.

That's why MasterCard pulled out because thanks to them the car was a complete lemon due to no wind tunnel testing.
OK, two points.

1) The sponsorship wasn't providing an adequate budget in the first place. The team collapsed under debt after one round of the championship.

2) You are arguing against a point I never made. Again, here is my point: Lola had an entry and couldn't make the grid. You can make all the excuses for them that you want, and the excuses are generally quite legitimate. The reality remains: Lola and Prodrive have both had entries and failed to make the grid. There is nothing in Lola's previous failure to make the grid that tells me they were a great bet to make it in 2010.