Thread: IMSA Race TUSC Round 4: Laguna Seca
View Single Post
Old 25 Apr 2014, 18:20 (Ref:3398214)   #39
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Viper needs a weight break to be competitive. No reason Porsche should be 1225, 1235kg. That V10 is breathing through straws as is but no reason it should be 25 or 30kg heavier than the Vette. I too think tusc is playing favorites.
It is there to counter balance the fact that the 8 liter engine should have baseline (before BoPping) restrictor in the area of 26.X or 27.X, but for some reason they managed to get lobby themselves 28.X baseline restrictor + BoP break in 2012. Which is absolutely not what the displacement vs restrictor rules say. Again, not the BoP restrictor value, but the original baseline size.

And just for the same reason there is absolutely no reason (again apart from the politics) for them to have bigger air restrictor for 8 liter V10 than Corvette has for 5,5 liter V8. In both non-BoPped and BoPed restrictor sizes!!

Having 20 kg (used to be 30kg originally) more than Corvette is pretty damn irrelevant in that sight. Plus they have larger fuel tank than anyone else - 7 liters more than C7.R - so you know

Wasn't complaining of Viper one of the reasons why I left this place the last time? Maybe I should keep more quiet

edit - fixed values

Last edited by Deleted; 25 Apr 2014 at 18:40.