View Single Post
Old 3 Jun 2008, 17:58 (Ref:2218942)   #50
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBRM
Here you go. I don't know when the photos were taken other than it was round 10 of the championship in 1987 and Dad and Geoff finished 9th but unfortunately I haven't got any mags that cover it. I can't put my finger on who is driving the red car other than it's a BRDC member but possibly a ""works" car from the subtle differences.
Great pics Gregor- I've just looked up the results, and as you said, it's round 10, the 1-hour race at Oulton, and your dad and GK-S finished 9th/3rd in class.

The race was won by Mike Newman's 635, shared with Robert Speak, with the Dave Carvell/Jeff Allam Rover in 2nd

The Corolla is Hodgetts/Needell- or should that be Needell/Hodgetts...

As Chunterer said, CHMS turned up with a pair of cars and only two drivers. Chris started one, Tiff the other and they swapped over at the pitstop, taking a class 1-2, 3rd and 5th overall....I think the red no67 car finished 2nd in class to the white no66, but can't swear to that.....