View Single Post
Old 29 Jan 2009, 03:46 (Ref:2381848)   #55
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Judging by the various pics above, Pukekohe didn't affect the crowd figures one iota, although some believe otherwise, but if you can't attract people to Friday and Saturday, then one of the real problems lies with the structure of the meeting. (Not withstanding banning all drink from the stands and not even being able to bring your own water in. Who else drinks about 3 litres of water on a hot day?)

If the Goodwood Festival of Speed has capacity crowds for three days, (150,000) and that is only (sic) a hillclimb, then A1 and even Motorsport NZ should be finding out what spectators really want, and I am convinced that it is not grid after grid of identical cars - small grids at that.

I often go to Goodwood for the sheer variety of cars, and given the choice between an A1GP meeting NZ style at Brands Hatch, or the Goodwood Festival of Speed - no contest, and I rarely watch any action on the hill either!