View Single Post
Old 13 Nov 2010, 06:51 (Ref:2789495)   #92
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
The difference between the Aston Lolas and everybody else is this -

Aston Martin is still basically a B, Triple A, College Football, Jr Hockey team compared to the cubic dollars other have spent. In 2009 they were much closer to the diesel cars than this year. With no grand increase in budget Aston opted to just tweak the cars with the money they had.

I'm not sure how competitive these new 3.4L V8 bespoke roadsters will be, but I'm fairly sure they'll be at Sebring just to see how they stack up.

Even with only 3.7L and Audi's rumored to be using a 3.7L V6, it will still be diesel and product MASSIVE torque compared to the N/A cars like the Aston. What they are hoping is that having less weight and making up the speed in the corners will make up for the 1-3 mph they'll be loosing to the factory cars on the straights. It should do well at places like Sebring where downforce is more important than trimming the car out for top speed.

The real test will come at Spa.

For Rebellion and Drayson, I said it before and I'll say it again, they need SERIOUS power. Rebellion with have TRD-JPN Power, not sure what Drayson will run, but I assume one of the confirmed LMP1 power plants which none have been confirmed really beyond the Rebellion/Toyota tie-up and obvious engines that meet the current regulations like the HPD 3.4L V8 that has been used in both the LMP1 and LMP2 versions of the Acura.