View Single Post
Old 8 Oct 2010, 19:59 (Ref:2771619)   #18
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesper OH View Post
The Mark Petch Volvo was one of two Belgian GTM cars from the 1984 ETCC. Therefore the red colour and Michel Delcourt, and no Zolder winner.

Interesting to have a positive identification of a 2.8 injection Ford Capri, as most Capris are believed to have been 3-litre cars. The only other 2.8 I can think of are the Vince Woodman car of the 1982 Tourist Trophy at Silverstone, but I still believe a couple of the German Capris would have been 2.8s as well, but just no confirmation.Jesper
Thankyou you've ansered the question about this Volvo I was going to ask having read the latest posts. I always thought the 1985 Petch Francevic car was ex Granberg (not sure why I thought that?) but these posts and images seem to confirm that the car was brought over by Delcourt who stayed to drive and help with set ups etc and then he went home without it!

I do recall mention of a Capri at one of these races but as it was 2.8 always believed it to be a prodsaloon (Grp E in this case I guess?) The 2.8 Grp A cars were indeed rare and only ran fleetingly in Europe a couple of years earlier?