View Single Post
Old 21 Nov 2011, 16:20 (Ref:2989671)   #360
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe! View Post
Thats poor form if true, He runs in the same overseas events that the B12hr is now trying to emulate and it would have been good to have a local car in with a chance for a good placing.

My first gut reaction is that this is political, and perhaps also snobbing the local v8 racing scene. Wouldnt want a modded v8 supercar mixing it with the ideal gt3 image they seem to be aspiring to.

Very unfair decision when there are plenty of other enduro style "mongrels" that will be allowed to turn up.
These are fair points. There's an important difference between Mal's car being eligible at an overseas event, and locally at the 12 hour; on foreign soil, there's an element of novelty.
That isn't so, locally.

The marketability of the 12 hour is now directly tied to the event being one of international persuasion, allure, and variety.
At present, no other event within Australia provides this with the same (or similar) level of perceived professionalism.

The organisers are trying to differentiate themselves from what the local market currently offers and, in my view, that seems fairly reasonable.

Last edited by R4z3rw33n; 21 Nov 2011 at 16:30.