Old 7 Jul 2010, 19:42 (Ref:2723186)   #965
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Flyin Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagtechOhio View Post
I'm not liking the Izod situation, I think they are taking their lumps. The Glen should be their "home race", 4 hrs. fom NYC. There hasn't been any of their celebrity party stuff going on that I can find. No talk about continuing with RHR. Looks like pullback time.
A little off topic, but Upstate New York and New York City each don't claim the other. I imagine that's true for the corporations in New York City as well. Based on their commercials, IZOD seems to be portraying "Long Beach" more than "Watkins Glen".

From the Bear:

http://murphythebear.com/blog/index....ing-for-an-r8/

Quote:
The IRL’s ICONIC committee responsible for recommending the new Indy Car have been more secret than an Elk’s Lodge, but Murphy’s heard there will be more than one chassis maker chosen, or perhaps a common tub/undertray chassis that other builders will be able to construct their cars onto.

The Bear heard Robin Miller knows what has been decided but is keeping his mouth shut. (Since when has that ever happened?) Allegedly, one of the seven ICONIC members told him. Cottman? Long?
If that's the case, good.

The "AAA pulling out of FIA" story at the top of the blog if true...very interesting for American and European auto racing by the way. During the Mosley kerfluffle a couple years ago, I read half of all membership dues money for the FIA comes courtesy of AAA.

Last edited by Flyin Ryan; 7 Jul 2010 at 19:51.