Old 11 Apr 2014, 07:15 (Ref:3390982)   #60
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
I get what you're saying completely. When I bought my first set of radio ear defenders, the cars were MUCH louder, and the protection made the 24 hour experience at Le Mans considerably more enjoyable. But, now that the racing is so quiet, relatively speaking, I am actually looking to buck the trend and go back to something altogether more lightweight. Yet to find the right product though...
Yep, when the trees where still at the inside of the approach to TR, somehow the Porsche GTs sent a reverberating sound which made my whole eardrum reverberate for some time after they'd gone!! Now the trees have gone and with the cars that little bit quieter it isn't such a problem, but it's always good to be able to hear RLM _and_ save your hearing.

Once you've damaged your hearing enough it won't come back... The choice though, off course is everyones to make.

I don't wear my ear defenders 24x7, I always like hearing the sound of the cars in the distance as they go up the Mulsanne. There's something very evocative about that.