Thread: LM24 Race Hearing Protection / Ear Muffs
View Single Post
Old 16 Jul 2014, 19:54 (Ref:3434625)   #73
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
Good news. I took GT6's advice and went to the doctor to have my ears checked if there was an ear wax problem. But inside the ear canals there was no wax at all. And that was a part of the problem. Recently I switched from foamy 3M's to flanged silicone earplugs (I use them at work). But it wasn't any good idea, because rubbing dry ear canals with those new plugs multiple times a day wasn't very pleasing. And hearing loss in the right ear was caused probably when I had pushed the earplug way too hard and it had had a contact with the ear drum. Luckily, the drum wasn't ruptured.

Nothing permanently wrong and ears should be fine in a few days. Right ear feels already better than yesterday.
Glad to hear... but eek! I will take your experience on board and be careful when plugging my ears, so thanks for sharing.

Last edited by rwintle; 16 Jul 2014 at 19:56. Reason: Didn't read your post carefully enough... :P