Thread: PRC Signatures
View Single Post
Old 23 May 2011, 11:26 (Ref:2884379)   #24
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If people talk to me about upgrades I mention a personal rule of thumb. It has no particular validity but it's worth a note.

I found that in the old system of upgrading (10 sigs from an Examining Observer on the basis of you actually doing something) it frequently resulted in doing approximately 25 days at each level before you got your upgrade.

It's just a rule of thumb, but when I ask people how much experience they have, I have this rule in the back of my mind. So if someone's done 50 races even though he/she might still be a green badge, as far as I'm concerned they get a battlefield promotion to red on the day, if I'm short of reds (i.e. normally).

For many people, 20 to 25 races represents a full year, and as there is usually a requirement to have two training sessions, one year apart, this seems to work automatically.

It's only a very rough rule of thumb and doesn't take into account that there are some marshals who have a natural talent towards learning and can be well up to speed, and confident, before this time. Meanwhile there are others, as noted by the fat clerk, who may have done 50 races without learning anything.