View Single Post
Old 16 Oct 2012, 07:37 (Ref:3152706)   #1006
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I thought this was "set in stone", that both Porsche and Audi would compete in 2014.
I hope it is - but nearly all the statements form either side go something like 'at the moment the intention is.....' or something similar, so I have always had a niggling worry that this would amount to a shift in brands within the VAG group and you would find many of the Audi people popping up at Porsche as it happens and the emphasis shifts from Audi to Porsche. The fact they are hiring from elsewhere make my worry more unfounded.

Hopefully VAG have decided with the strength of their brands they can raise the profile of sportscar racing globally to their own gain by allowing multiple brands compete and run in the same championships.

There is a massive opportunity in the emerging markets to raise the profile of the sport where the recent tradition of F1 being the traditional top level is not so prevalent.

To see at least 3 top level major manufacturers competing for overall honours is something we havent seen for a long time.