View Single Post
Old 24 Oct 2012, 11:31 (Ref:3156961)   #1020
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just thought I would post this info, last night I went to an Institute of Mechanical Engineers technical lecture from Ulrich Baretzky in London, for those of you who dont know he is Audis race engine design guru for the past 20 years........to me : legend.......at the end of the lecture (I was foaming at the mouth) he spoke quite openly about VAGs plans for Porsche and Audi in LMP1, and really its quite simple, the president of the Volkswagon group (Ferdinand Piech) who is the main decision maker and writes the cheques, who Ulrich says knows more about engineering than himself, and he refers to Piech as god - now thats saying something......anyway....Piech wants Audi to continue doing what they are doing in LMP1 with Diesel technology as 70% of Audis and VW's sold are with Diesel engines. And he wants Porsche to compete in LMP1 with gasoline technology in order to show-case gasoline engine technology to the world........therefore it appears that rumours of Audi morphing into Porsche are just not true, its swords drawn and let battle commence!!!!.........no mention whatsoever was referred to Porsche's gasoline strategy, but I think its quite safe to assume it will be a turbo engine, but who knows!!!