View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2009, 00:35 (Ref:2586730)   #12
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt View Post
Check out this bit of news...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.indystar.com/article/2009...ylvania-tunnel

Apparently the radical chassis design is from Ben Bowlby, formerly Lola's chief designer and now part of Ganassi. It looks like a cross between a sports car and a motorcycle and is sleek and new age.

Ganassi, Michael Andretti, and Tony George at least are all pushing for this design.

Dallara is the other chassis being considered and would be an evolution of the existing design.

Here's some interesting stuff thoughts from Bowlby in Racecar Engineering about what he'd want a new car to be. Sounds like it'd be lightweight, fuel efficient, and with many areas on the car to tweak.

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/a...polis-500.html
I've read elsewhere about Bowlby's ideas, particularly about drag/fuel efficiency and current aerodynamic thinking. I'd like to see what this new car looks like.

As for Dallara, I saw some prospective pics of a Dallara with a turbo engine in it and it looked very much like the current car without an air box; rather Reynardesque.