View Single Post
Old 26 Sep 2008, 15:20 (Ref:2298450)   #10
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, there was a mistake with the date: Porsche LMP1 will be launched in 2011, when the new rules will be active.
DFI has been introduced of course, gwyllion, to regain power in confront of Acura, but to experiment some future solutions, too.
This is normal in motorsport. Or not?
Yes, Acura is having a great moment, but in the past season has suffered very much, while in the first part of this season the Porsche was clearly in the first place, in both classifications.
Now Penske is having some troubles, and Acura is in a magic moment. But the battle for the title is open. Porsche is paying some of his driver's mistakes.
Dr. Ullrich has said R15 has been designed, but not yet built and tested. They are waiting to decide what they will do. Anyway, in the last days, I've heard something about they will partecipate next ALMS and LMS. But nothing about the new car. It should be very expensive for Audi design a car for only two seasons...
Anyway, I think they will launch their R15, but nothing is sure for 2011, because I don't think the Porsche would be interested to a fratricidal war in P1. Do you remember 2003, Audi and Bentley?
What about Peugeot? Well, the've showed they are unable to win in Le Mans and LMS, so the Porsche, together with Acura, will be a new and greater trouble for that poor French team.
And 908 is growing old...

Last edited by Dario911; 26 Sep 2008 at 15:22.
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR