View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 2010, 22:06 (Ref:2773433)   #8
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
WSR Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to say I'm pretty happy with the calendar for next year. It's a shame that Brno has been dropped, but I'm pleased that they are going back to Italy. From what I can remember, the last time they raced at Monza in 2008 it was a pretty good event with a reasonable amount of overtaking (i.e. van der Garde winning the opening race from 8th on the grid). Not sure why they have changed the venue for the French round again, but all in all it's a decent looking calendar IMO.

It's also interesting seeing the list of drivers for the Barcelona test this week. I always thought the plan for Rossi was a year of GP3 then a graduation to GP2, but maybe FR3.5 might be the way to go for him? I hope Bortolotti does well and lands a drive for next year. He's a driver I've admired since his Italian F3 days and 11th place in GP3 this year doesn't do justice to his talent IMO.

2010 was a great year for the series, and even at this early stage, 2011 looks very promising indeed. Vergne at Tech 1 Racing has to be the hot favourite for the title, but if the likes of Albert Costa and Daniel Zampieri return then they will definitely be in with a shot too. And when you add in possible drivers like Bortolotti, Rossi etc. then we have a potentially great looking grid!