View Single Post
Old 12 Oct 2010, 11:25 (Ref:2773743)   #13
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
5 hours sleep since sunday monring that sounds like heaven compared to what i've been getting lately (see: matchsticks holding up eyelids).

Agreed with the second part, people like Pantiatici learnt the hard way that getting into a Durango GP2 car is a sure fire way of sending your career into reverse but then he's not done much this year in WSR?

Rossi is one I guess we're all keeping an eye on. Didn't get his GP3 form, one minute he's up there next minute he's just an also ran but is that down to the series or driver? I'm convinced he's a talent. I could see him doing good in 3.5.
seriously, at least you don't only have yourself to blame if there's one thing rpm and the world series by renault know how to do it's put on a really good knees-up

i think albert costa is an interesting trial case for not heading to gp2 actually - he has an absolutely huge local and international fanbase, and is really popular no matter which circuit he's at. he spent a lot of time with some friends of mine at hungary, they really appreciated it and as a result they make noise about him. it's small, on the ground stuff, but that sort of guerilla and social media marketing is fairly widespread in things like the music industry. staying in a cheaper series where he can get more people there, meeting him, more guests... it's a no brainer to be honest!

as for panciatici... everything was there except the results. not having a competitive teammate is always not a good thing for a driver, and daniil move really couldn't pull any results (or towards the end of the year any pace at all) together. he could have a crack at the title next year if he gets just the right team. or win eventually aleshin default style. i think even for valsecchi 2009 at durango in gp2 was a waste of time and money - for the amount of mileage gp2 gives a young driver and the actual chance of being able to be competitive as a n00b on that lack of mileage whilst having an engineer and team able to help you put together the exact car (and the driver having enough talent) to make the most of it... well it's not worth the gamble unless you have a huge amount of cash to throw at it. and bearing in mind at least 50% of the time some part of panciatici's car was broken or failed during the practice sessions and he really didn't stand a chance. at least the world series gives you a fair crack at testing before a weekend and two decent length qualifying sessions and races to get your teeth into.

yeah, agree about rossi, though it was more difficult to tell where he's up to after a year in gp3. zampieri ran a bit hot and cold during the season we've just had (too soon to call it last season), obviously ferrari saw something in his skills apart from the fact he's italian but if he was with red bull he'd be on his own now surely.

i can't work stefano coletti out - he's clearly a quick driver, and he's suitably agressive on track as well but there's something that isn't right? something i've found interesting this year is that normally during the races, him and panciatici usually end up in around the same place despite two completely different driving styles.

if hartley can find the backing to do next season with p1 you'd absolutely have to put him at the top of the list of title contenders, and vergne has to be favourite already before the rest of the grid assembles. it's almost a shame we won't see a vergne/ricciardo title fight!